Our congregation began with a small group of worshippers at Phipps, WI, on March 31, 1904. A Pastor from Shell Lake ministered to them every 4th Sunday. Trinity was organized on June 21, 1904, and instruction to the children began in July. For $1.00, a family granted 5 acres to the Church for a building, and another family granted 5 acres for a cemetery, also for $1.00. The first Church was built in 1905, and services were conducted in both German and English. A separate parsonage was built in 1915 for approximately $700.
Trinity was a dual parish with Trinity, Cable, from 1931 to 1975. These two congregations were also in a triple parish arrangement with Trinity, Glidden, from 1943 to 1960. On November 22, 1959, 4 lots were purchased at the present Davis Avenue location in Hayward, for $4,000. A new Church was built here in 1960 for a cost of $61,346. First used for worship in January, 1961, the Church was dedicated six months later on July 9th. Also in 1961, the current parsonage was built at a cost of $18,500 and dedicated October 8th of that year. In the summer of 1975, the congregation went off District subsidy and became a self-supporting congregation.
A "Fellowship Hall" was added to the Church at a cost of $25,000 and dedicated nearly debt-free in January, 1977. All indebtedness of Trinity was fully satisfied early in 1989. Further expansion of our physical facilities was approved in July, 1989, with the building of a "Educational Wing" at a cost of $125,000 and construction was scheduled for 1990. In 1999, we renovated the sanctuary by purchasing a new organ and moving it to the back of the sanctuary, adding an additional 60 seats, and remodeling the Altar area, at a cost of $25,000.
The members of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, Hayward, aim to lift high the cross of Jesus Christ. We seek to share the saving Gospel of Christ, grow in His love and fellowship, do His mission work, be faithful to His Word and live lives to His eternal glory. We pray that all who come among us may see and know the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Friend.
PASTORS OF TRINITY
|1. Rev. G. E. Meyer (Shell Lake)||1904-1904|
|2. Rev. C. Guteknust||1904-1905|
|3. Rev. A. Lange (First resident Pastor)||1905-1909|
|4. Rev. A. M. W. Wahl||1910-1912|
|5. Rev. Louis H. Klusman||1912-1914|
|6. Rev. Herman Henry Wegner||1914-1918|
|7. Rev. Richard Malotky||1918-1920|
|8. Rev. Daniel Wallner (Vicar)||1920-1921|
|9. Rev. Hugo S. Bloedel||1921-1923|
|10. Rev. John M. Wuebben||1923-1927|
|11. Rev. William Scheer||1927-1929|
|12. Rev. A. Buback||1929-1931|
|13. Rev. Eugene Klemp||1931-1936|
|14. Rev. Hugo List||1936-1941|
|15. Rev. William B. Brockop (Glidden)||1941-1949|
|16. Rev. L. E. Schreiber (Glidden)||1950-1958|
|17. Rev. Daniel Haertling||1958-1964|
|18. Rev. Donald J. Dominkowski||1965-1970|
|19. Rev. Louis Natzke||1971-1977|
|20. Rev. Richard D. Miller||1977-1982|
|21. Rev. Harold Wuebben||1983-1986|
|22. Rev. Richard D. Miller||1987-1994|
|23. Rev. Robert Pfeil||1995-1998|
|24. Rev. Albert Oren (Vicarage 1998-1999)||1999-2000|
|25. Rev. Kenneth N. Hinrichs||2001-2012|
|26. Rev. Mark Triplett||2013-2017|
27. Rev. Lenard Wildaur (vacnancy pastor) 2017-2018
28. Rev. Roy Berquist 2018-Present